$5 Gold Liberty Head Coins in Utah
$5 Gold Liberty Head Coins in Utah. 0.2419 oz. Pure Gold
$5 Gold Liberty Head Coins in Utah can be bought or sold through Drockton Bullion and Coin. Also, we buy and sell these coins in every condition.
The gold half eagle series first appeared in 1839. And, the coin face has a female head facing left. Also, she is wearing her famous LIBERTY Coronet. And stars surround the coin’s circumference.
The Coronet half eagle coin reverse has an eagle with a shield on its breast. And the bird is grasping an olive branch (peace symbol) in its one claw. Also, three arrows in the other.
Besides the Eagle, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, FIVE D. is stamped on the coin’s reverse.
Half Eagle Liberty Head Variations and Availability.
- Half Eagles minted in 1839 and some in 1840 are 22.5 mm in diameter As a result, these are referred to as “broad mill” pieces. Afterwards, the coins were 21.6 mm. diameter.
- Also, Smaller Lettering is found on pre- mid 1840s half eagles. However, afterwards, the coronet $5 gold piece had larger lettering and date on the reverse.
- And Coins minted in 1842 were both styles.
- For the most part, The Philadelphia Mint made the most $5 Coronet coins.
- Other Mint pieces are rarer. Also, the 1854 S is the rarest. And, only three are known to exist.
- And, Coins graded MS64 and higher are scarce. Also, so are proof coins.
- Also, In God We Trust was added in 1866.
- Besides, The $5 half eagle is the only US gold coin struck at all 7 US Mints of time period.
- In fact, Coins with the motto, in God We Trust, are much more plentiful.
Live Pricing on $5 Gold Liberty Half-Eagle Coins
Other US Gold Historic Coins to Buy or Sell With Drockton Bullion and Coin in Utah
See what others are saying about investing with Drockton Bullion!
Start investing today
Simply Click on the Purchase Metals Link to Talk with our Experienced and Extremely Knowledgeable Expert.